Formerly known as Minister's Permit, this application allows entry for persons who are otherwise inadmissible and do not qualify to enter or immigrate to Canada. Persons whose Permanent Residence application has been refused and those who are denied entry into Canada at the border or airport may apply for a Temporary Resident Permit. For example, persons who are medically inadmissible because they may place excessive demands on Canada's health care system, or those who have a criminal record and are therefore inadmissible may apply for a TRP. 

Foreign nationals who are issued a Temporary Resident Permit may qualify for permanent residence in some cases.



Lani Gozlan

Immigration Lawyer in Toronto, Ontario, Canada